Surrey CC Admission Consultation for 2018
Consultation on admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools for 2018
Surrey County Council is consulting on:
- proposed changes to admission arrangements for some community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2018
- the admission arrangements for all remaining community and voluntary controlled schools for September 2018
- Surrey’s relevant area – this is the area within which schools must consult on their admission arrangements.
Full details of the consultation and the changes being proposed are available at Surrey Says.
Why we are consulting
We have a statutory duty to consult on admission arrangements if we intend to make a change.
The changes being proposed are as follows:
- Stoughton Infant School - introduction of a sibling link with Northmead Junior
- St Andrew’s CofE Infant School – decrease in reception published admission number from 40 to 30
- Walsh CofE Junior School - decrease in junior published admission number from 75 to 64
We also have a statutory duty to consult on our Relevant Area every two years. This is the area within which schools must consult on their admission arrangements.
How can I respond to the consultation?
The consultation on the admission arrangements for community and voluntary controlled schools and the proposed changes will run from Friday 14 October 2016 to Thursday 24 November 2016. If you would like to take part please complete an online response form at Surrey Says. Alternatively if you would prefer to respond on a paper form, please telephone the Surrey Schools and Childcare Service on 0300 200 1004 to request a copy. Please note that only response forms which are fully completed with the respondent’s name and address will be accepted.
What happens next?
After the closing date, responses will be collated and presented to the County Council's decision making Cabinet on 31 January 2017. It will decide whether or not to proceed with the proposed changes as well as determining the admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools for which no changes are proposed. Cabinet’s decision will then need to be ratified by the full County Council on 7 February 2017. Once determined the final admission arrangements for all community and voluntary controlled schools will be placed on Surrey's website at www.surreycc.gov.uk/admissions.