Xavier Catholic Education Trust
On 1 September 2016 Cardinal Newman School became an Academy as part of the Xavier Catholic Education Trust (after St Frances Xavier, who was a great missionary).
The aim of the Trust is to provide the children in our care with the best possible education within a caring and supportive Catholic ethos. The Trust has, at the centre of its mission and purpose, the belief that every child has a right to educational excellence and we will work tirelessly to ensure this happens.
The schools in our Multi Academy Trust are:
- Cardinal Newman Catholic Primary School
- Holy Family Catholic Primary School
- Salesian School
- St Alban’s Catholic Primary School
- St Anne’s Catholic Primary School
- St Augustine Catholic Primary School
- St Charles Borromeo Catholic Primary School
- St Hugh of Lincoln Catholic Primary School
- St John the Baptist School
Each school retains its own Governing Body and continues to make decisions for individual schools. Being part of the family of schools and the Multi Academy Trust brings significant benefits, for example:
- We will work together to train, develop and retain teachers, support staff and leaders;
- We will have the ability to achieve economies of scale by being part of a larger buying group;
- There will be opportunities for staff in all our schools to undertake joint training and share their expertise across schools;
- We will be able to streamline services and provide them centrally and more cost effectively;
- We will have the flexibility to buy in services from our own chosen providers;
- We will be able to share resources across all our schools;
- We will work together closely and support each other to strengthen our Catholic schools.
We have worked closely with all the schools in planning for academy conversion and are now working together to serve all the children in the Xavier Catholic Education Trust. You can find more information on the Xavier CET website.