Please note that DBS checks for our school are valid for 3 years and that all DBS holders must come into school at least once a term to keep the DBS check valid during this time.
HELPING IN SCHOOL - a guide for volunteer helpers
If you would like to help in the classroom you must have an enhanced DBS check. The procedure for applying for a DBS check is as follows :
- Complete the online application form using VOLUNTEER CLASSROOM HELPER in the “position applied for” field.
Please follow this guide to completing the form.
- An admin fee of £8.75 is payable to the school via scopay. Please contact the school office to request this is added to your scopay account. Unfortunately, we will not be able to submit your application until payment has been received.
- Bring in to school 3 pieces of ID for checking. Preferred ID is passport, driving licence, marriage certificate (if you have changed your name), or birth certificate (if no name change). If you can't provide any of these documents, please choose from the list below. These must all be ORIGINAL documents and not photocopies or printed from the internet (e.g. downloaded online bank statements). If you have changed your name, you will need to provide evidence of this.
Please bring in your ID documents to the school office for checking at any of the following times only:
Between 8.30am and 4pm on Mondays and Tuesdays and 8.30am to 12 midday on Wednesdays. We cannot check ID at any other time.
The online application form can be accessed here:
The school/organisation unique code/reference number is 9363919
The password is CRBcheck (case sensitive)
Subject to your three ID documents being accepted your application will be forwarded by the school to our Registered Body for approval.
If your DBS check is approved you will receive your disclosure certificate through the post. The school will also be notified that your application has been approved.
ID Document Rules
- You must provide original documentation only; photocopies or documentation printed from the internet e.g. internet bank statements will not be accepted.
- At least one document must confirm your current name - remember to also provide documentation to support any name changes e.g. Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate
- At least one document must confirm your date of birth
- At least one document must confirm your current address and documentation covering your previous five year address history may also be requested.
You must provide at least one of the following
- CURRENT VALID PASSPORT (any nationality)
- CURRENT PHOTOCARD DRIVING LICENCE (UK/Isle of Man/Channel Islands/EEA) – full or provisional
- UK BIRTH CERTIFICATE (issued at time of birth)
- BIOMETRIC RESIDENCE PERMIT (UK)
- ADOPTION CERTIFICATE (UK & Channel Islands)
You can provide 3 of these documents
Other forms of ID
Additional forms of ID include:
- UK HM Forces ID Card
- Marriage/Civil Partnership Certificate (UK and Channel Islands)
- Immigration document, work permit or VISA (Issued outside of EEA) (Valid only for roles whereby applicant is living and working outside of UK.)
- Fire Arms Licence (UK, Channel Islands & Isle of Man)
- Credit Card Statement * (UK or EEA)
- Bank/Building Society Statement * (UK, Channel Islands or EEA)
- Utility Bill* (UK) Not Mobile Telephone
- Bank/Building Society Statement * (Countries outside the EEA) (Branch must be in the country where the applicant lives and works).
- Document from Central/ Local Government/ Government Agency/ Local Authority giving entitlement (UK)*: e.g. from the Department for Work and Pensions, the Employment Service, Customs & Revenue, Job Centre, Job Centre Plus, Social Security
- Bank/Building Society Account Opening Confirmation Letter (UK)* #
- Benefit Statement* - e.g. Child Benefit, Pension
- Financial Statement ** - e.g. pension, endowment, ISA (UK) Mortgage Statement (UK or EEA)**
- P45/P60 Statement (UK & Channel Islands) **
- Council Tax Statement (UK & Channel Islands)**
- Irish Passport Card – cannot be used with an Irish passport (must still be valid)
- EEA National ID Card (must still be valid)
- Cards carrying the PASS accreditation logo (UK, Isle of Man & Channel Islands) – Must still be valid
- Letter of Sponsorship from future employment provider (Non-UK/Non-EEA only) – Valid only for applicants residing outside of the UK at time of application
- For 16/19 year olds in full time education - Letter from a Head Teacher or College Principal (UK) (Only to be used in exceptional circumstances when all other documents have been exhausted).
* Denoted with * should be less than 3 months old
** Denoted with ** should be issued within the last 12 months