Cardinal Newman is a two-form entry Catholic Primary School and is a welcoming community that serves the parishes of All Saints, Hersham and St Erconwald's in Walton, fostering close links between families, school and parishes.
Children who join our community experience a rich, imaginative and enjoyable curriculum with high expectations for achievement and behaviour.
I would encourage you to visit the school to experience the warm, friendly and caring environment that enables our children to flourish and prepares them to carry on in their learning journey with confidence and self-esteem.
Mrs C Burnham
Learners, Believers, Friends
To be a community of learners, believers and friends rooted in the values and teachings of the Gospel. We seek to enable every individual to develop to his or her full potential in the knowledge that they are uniquely created and loved by God.
Cardinal Newman Catholic Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
- We are a community of learners, believers and friends and we seek to provide a safe and happy environment for all children.
- For this purpose we have a Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy and procedures in place.
- All staff (including supply staff, volunteers and governors) must ensure that they are aware of these procedures.
- The policy is available for parents and carers to read on request.
- Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
If you are concerned about a child’s welfare, please record your concern, and any observations or conversation heard, and report to one of the DSL team as soon as possible the same day.
There are pro formas called ‘Recording Forms for Safeguarding Concerns’ in the staffroom and the school office. Do NOT conduct your own investigation. If your concerns relate to the actions or behaviour of a member of staff (which could suggest that she/he is unsuitable to work with children) then you should report this to Mrs Burnham who will undertake the appropriate actions.
If the concern relates to the Headteacher, please report this to the CEO Xavier Catholic Education Trust, Ani Magill email@example.com
For a list of key personnel in relation to Safeguarding, please click here.
Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility